Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ways I've Had Water Dumped On Me Today

1) From a 30 gallon blue trash can held by a gentleman I've never seen before.

2) From the sidewalk and through the open door, as I sat riding in the back of a bus.

3) Water filled with perfume and flowers from a small parade of 18 octagenarians, first dumped in
my hands and then down my back as I sat thanking them.

4) At the wrong end of a firing squad of 30 orphans armed with home-made plastic tube water canons.

5) In my hair, in a bucket mixed with ice and flour.

6) By a woman with a five gallon bucket on the street as I rode my bicycle down the street.

7) By another woman with a five gallon bucket about 5 meters after the first woman.

8) By the young son of the second woman, with a half gallon pan.

9) From a teenager filled pick-up truck, via both super soaker and plastic water bottle.

10) Down the back of my shirt, by an completely unknown man with a pitcher of ice as I sat eating
lunch.

11) Innumerable roadside incidents of children with pans and cups.

12) In a two hour long inescapable chaotic flurry of orphans and volunteers and, yes, 18
octagenarians.

That said, the water festival for the new year hasn't started yet. Apparently it starts
tomorrow....

Don't expect pictures. I had a 20 baht bill in my pocket and even that didn't survive the
onslaught. The camera stays home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home