Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Small White Room in Taiwan

I'm in a tiny, perhaps hermetically sealed room in the Taiwan airport that seems solely created to contain and confine WIFI. I'm borrowing the computer of someone named Audrey, although I've come to think of her as 38K. After all my complaints about the size of the seat, the flight was incredibly comfortable for 14 hours on a plane. Seat 38H treated me very well -- lots of legroom -- although my toes were occasionally trod upon by people waiting for the smelly lavatory. And the food was fine. All in all, a good flight. The flight attendants were 22 nearly identical chinese women in a variety of cool colors. My two were 27216 and 27503. (I'm not kidding by the way. They had number tags instead of name tags.) 27503 was a real looker.... 38J was also quite nice, although there were a few moments of talking that I thought had been allocated to sleeping.

I'm currently looking through the porthole of my WIFI chamber out onto a Duty Free extravaganza.

Next stop Bangkok.

And to all of those who have sent emails wishing me a good trip, Thank You!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your arrival. Hopefully the train and any other mode of transportation you embark on uses the same numbering scheme as the airline so naming your new friends does not get confusing.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig, I never got a chance to wish you a safe trip and all so I'm doing it now! I will be checking up on your via this blog. Be well and SAFE! Talk to you soon...

- Joey Newman

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home